One of the court cases I was in, this guy brought a husband & wife to vote. The woman declared she was going to vote Republican, and he tried to restrain her from getting into the door, telling her that he didn't spend his gas for her to vote that way. Yep, they found him guilty. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
In another, a guy that I knew was a convicted felon came in quite drunk wanting to vote. I explained to both he and his companion that he was not on the poll book and could not vote since his name was correctly purged from the list. He left, grumbling, and came back a couple of hours later even more drunk than before. I finally agreed to let him vote by paper ballot in a "challenged" envelope if he would take the oath that he could legally vote in Virginia. I also explained the consequences if he were making a false statement. He took the oath, voted, and I turned the matter over to the Secretary of the Electoral Board, who promptly swore out a warrant and had him arrested. I think he got 18 months out of it.



Bookmarks